>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

March 24, 2011

Conference Weekend

Well the big event is almost here, tomorrow evening I will be standing on a stage with my husband and trying not to pass out. My husband and I are coordinators for a Love & Respect Marriage Conference this weekend in our community. We are so excited for the people that are attending to hear the message of Love & Respect. It was a marriage changing message for us and I know it has been for others as well.
Unfortunately, I really don't like being front and center, all attention on me and then on top of that, having to speak! People that know me personally are always amazed when I tell them I don't like being on stage or speaking in front of large groups of people. They always assume because I am outgoing that I would have no problem with speaking in front of people. Thankfully, God has really been doing a work in me and I'm a lot better than I used to be. In fact, last time I had to speak I actually almost enjoyed it! So I'm not even worrying about it for this weekend and I am just going to trust my worries to the Lord!
If you are struggling in your marriage and even if you aren't, I highly recommend that you read the book Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggrichs or check out the Love & Respect website for more information and also to find a conference near you!  Communication in marriage is key and they have the key you and your spouse need to communicate!  I posted a testimony on my blog last month from a couple that were already in the divorce process, you can read about that here.
I won't be posting much for the next few days as we host a conference and then just take a few days to unwind from a busy but awesome weekend!  I'm also working on something big for the blog, so stay tuned for that!
I will be busy this weekend working on something other than my home,  what are you going to do this weekend? 


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to come to the conference to see you both. Don't worry you and your hubby will do a great job this weekend! I will pray the Lord helps you to stand tall and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sent you an email about the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange, you seem SO natural and fun onstage, one would never know you don't enjoy it! You'll do GREAT and can't wait to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOoD luck, don't be nervous, just think of the couples yall are going to touch, with your words,God is using you.
    And takn' a break sounds good to me too.
    I'll be looking for the "something big", I'm already excited.
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allow God to speak through you, Ange. It's his job to heal those marriages...and lives. You are only an AMAZING tool that he is using. May God be glorified and may you come back with stories that will inspire other couples to give their marriages another chance. Mark and I are currently doing the Love and Respect series in our small group class at our church. Our marriage isn't terrible but there is always room to be better. Don't just settle for good marriages...we want GREAT marriages. Thanks for allowing God to use you, Ange. I am still praying over your weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck at the conference- just pretend that you are talking to your bloggy friends! Enjoy your weekend- I can't wait to see what you've got planned for when you're back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!